A guide to: Renting your property out

On 1 December 2017 a new type of tenancy will come into force, called the private residential tenancy, this will replace assured and short assured tenancy agreements for all new tenancies. Find out more


This guide is primarily for new landlords – if you are already a landlord then you can use it as a ready checker to make sure you are doing everything you need to. You need to be aware that if any legal action is taken it will be raised against the landlord, even if you are using a letting agent - so you need to be aware of your responsibilities.

Fill out my online form.